Apply for Limited Stay Visa (KITAS/Visa Tinggal Terbatas)
All International students are required to apply for a VITAS prior to arrival, and the process will take about 2-3 months for Raffles College to process this at the Ministry of National Education of the Republic of Indonesia. The VITAS can then be converted into a KITAS (Limited Stay Permit) once students have arrived in Indonesia.
Uppon Arrival at Jakarta
After arriving at Jakarta, you must register at the Immigration Office within 7 (seven) days of the date of your entry permit (a stamp from Airport Immigration) is issued.
Apply for Limited Stay Permit (KITAS/Kartu Izin Tinggal Terbatas)
Raffles College will assist in applying for your KITAS (Limited Stay Permit). But please be aware that this procedure can take up to four weeks, and during this period you will not have your passport. Therefore, we advise you to have a copy of your passport on hand. In addition, you will temporarily not be able to go abroad, open a bank account, etc.
Theses documents are needed to apply for KITAS :
- Letter of admission from the College
- Letter of recommendation or certificate.
- Letter of recommendation or certificate of sponsorship from an authorised institution to process your KITAS.
- Letter of Acknowledgement from International Office UI, to be addressed to the Immigration Office
- 2 (two) copies of a recent close-up photograph (3×4 and 4×6 cm) with RED background
- Copy of telex visa
- Copy of student permit
- Curriculum Vitae
- Passport or any valid travel document
- Departure card
Raffles College will inform students if there is any additional documentation required for KITAS application.
Raffles College will inform students on the procedure for the extension of their KITAS three months before the expiry date.